Last modified: August 07 2012
#barkade on Anthrochat was founded on July 18th, 2012
#barkadeRP on Anthrochat was founded on August 7th, 2012
#barkade on Furnet was founded on July 24th, 2012
Rules & Atmosphere:
- Barkade's focus is on having a good time with friends (or soon-to-be friends!) just like you would with them at a bar or restaurant.
- We ask that you keep things PG-13. (as most things are when you go out with your friends in public)
- Please follow the Golden Rule: Treat others the way you would want to be treated. ^.\
- Spamming the channel is not allowed.
- Talk of how to do illegal things and things of that nature is not allowed.
- PG-13 cuddling and light RP is allowed and encouraged. ^.\
- Those wanting more serious RP should pop into #barkadeRP! ^.\ Want to see some RPs we've done? click here! You don't have to be skilled in RP at all. We like people to just watch and comment too!
- Are you confused between light and heavy RP? Don't worry about it! - The normal scritches, hugs and cuddles that you normally find on a furry IRC are considered light. (basically, nothing with a storyline/canon world of any sort) The normal RPs we do last anywhere from a half an hour to a few hours so after considering the wants and needs of the channel we moved this storytelling over into #barkadeRP so you can spend more time chatting with new people in #barkade! ^.\
- We fully respect your online rights, but please remember that some people may not like R/NC17/X-rated material. Please take this material to a PM/IM/Query window and enjoy yourselves more fully there. ^.\
- Some people are more sensitive than others. If asked, please move your activities to a PM/IM/Query window. ^.\
- Please save cursing for when it is most needed. It's allowed, but please don't feel the need to use it every 3rd word.
- Links to other channels are allowed as long as the channels listed are other PG/PG-13 channels and are not fetish-related channels.
- Controversial topics like religious debates are fine as long as they do not take up the channel for a prolonged period of time and are kept civil.
- Away messages are allowed as long as they follow the rules.
- Ops and other higher-ups must follow this same rule list.
- Have fun with your friends.
A Fur Causing Trouble?:
We try and keep a clean place. If you see someone breaking these rules, please PM an op and we'll look into it.
- If we see you doing something bad we'll ask you to please stop. No need to apologize. Everyone makes mistakes. ^.\
- If you do it again we'll tell you to stop and to say you're sorry publicly. An apology goes a long way. (unless you're a repeat offender in a short timeframe)
- If you do it a third time we'll warn you publicly that the next offense will cause issues and may ask you to leave the channel to cool off if you think your actions will continue.
- If you do it a fourth time we'll take away your voice (speaking) privledges within the channel for a few minutes. (no more than 5 minutes)
- If you do it a fifth time we'll handle it on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact BlindWolf8 by clicking here.
Barkade is named and modeled after Barcade. If you're old enough, go there! ^.\